Calciboon ZM Tabs
Calcium Citrate Malate
Pack Size: 1 x 30
Drug Class: Water-soluble calcium supplement.
Dosage and Administration:
Calciboon ZM is to be taken orally with or without food. Tablets should not be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed with water or milk. It’s better if the dose is taken at a fixed time each day.
The following doses have been studied in scientific research:
BY MOUTH (Oral):
- For preventing low calcium levels: 1-2 grams elemental calcium daily is typically used. Sometimes it is taken with 800 IU of vitamin D.
- For preventing weak bones (osteoporosis) caused by corticosteroid use: Divided daily doses of 0.5-1 gram of elemental calcium daily.
- For prevention of weak bones (osteoporosis): Most experts recommend taking 1000-1200 mg of calcium daily to prevent osteoporosis and broken bones.
- For increasing fetal bone density in pregnant women with low dietary calcium intake: 300-2000 mg/day, taken during the second and third trimesters.
- For high cholesterol: 800 mg daily for up to 2 years. Calcium 1200 mg taken in 2-3 divided doses daily, alone or in combination with vitamin D 400 IU daily, has also been used in conjunction with a low-fat or calorie-restricted diet for up to 15 weeks.
- For preventing high blood pressure during pregnancy (pre-eclampsia): 1-2 grams elemental calcium daily as calcium carbonate.
- For high blood pressure: Up to 0.4-2 grams daily for up to 4 years
- For preventing tooth loss in elderly people: 500 mg of calcium along with 700 IU of vitamin D daily for 3 years.
- For weight loss: Calcium 800-1200 mg daily with or without a calorie-restricted diet has been used. In some cases, calcium is taken in combination with 400 IU of vitamin D.
Cold Storage: yes
CALCIBOON ZM tablets is a fortified Calcium Supplement containing Calcium Citrate Malate with Vitamin D3 (veg source), Zinc, and Magnesium. Calcium Citrate contains 21% of elemental calcium.
Calcium plays an important role in the body. It is necessary for the normal functioning of nerves, cells, muscles, and bone. If there is not enough calcium in the blood, then the body will take calcium from bones, thereby weakening bones. Vitamin D helps the body absorb Calcium. Having the right amounts of Vitamin D, and Calcium is important for building and keeping strong bones.
Zinc helps the immune system and metabolism to function properly. Zinc is also important to wound healing and the sense of taste and smell.
Magnesium is an important mineral, playing a role in over 300 enzyme reactions in the human body. Its many functions include helping with muscle and nerve function, regulating blood pressure, and supporting the immune system.
Taken together, and in the right dosages, magnesium and zinc work to each other’s advantage. Magnesium helps your body regulate its zinc levels, while zinc enables it to absorb magnesium more efficiently—it will only hinder absorption when taken in abnormally high doses (around 142 mg of zinc per day)
Calcium, magnesium, and zinc may improve several aspects of health, such as bone strength, mood, immunity, blood sugar regulation, and sleep quality.
- This combination is useful to prevent or treat low blood calcium levels in people who do not get enough calcium from their diets.
- It may be used to treat conditions caused by low calcium levels such as bone loss (osteoporosis), weak bones (osteomalacia / rickets), decreased activity of the parathyroid gland (hypoparathyroidism), and a certain muscle disease (latent tetany).
- It may also be used in certain patients to make sure they are getting enough calcium (including pregnant women, lactating mothers, and postmenopausal women
- Also useful in people taking certain medications such as phenytoin, phenobarbital or prednisone).
1 Serving Daily or as directed by the Healthcare Professional.
Calcium is used to prevent or treat low blood calcium levels in people who do not get enough calcium from their diets. Calcium is important for growth and development of bones. Vitamin D3 that is used in the absorption of calcium in the blood. Vitamin D3 helps in processing of essential minerals in the body like Calcium and Phosphorus. Lack of Vitamin D3 results in bone weakening, bone pain, and skin diseases.
Calciboon is a nutritional supplement which can be taken by people who have low levels of calcium in their blood. Calciboon is used in elderly people to keep bones healthy and strong, and is even effective in Chronic arthritis and Osteoporosis.
The product is required to be stored out of reach of children.
Not to exceed the stated recommended daily usage.
- Before taking calcium supplement, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any allergies.
- This product should not be used if you have certain medical conditions. Before using this product, consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have: high calcium levels (hypercalcemia).
- If you have any of the following health problems, consult your doctor or pharmacist before using this product: kidney disease, kidney stones , little or no stomach acid (achlorhydria), heart disease, disease of the pancreas, a certain lung disease (sarcoidosis), difficulty absorbing nutrition from food (malabsorption syndrome).
USE IN PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
Calcium needs vary by age—even during pregnancy. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (ACOG) recommends that pregnant and breastfeeding moms aged 19 and over-consume 1,000mg of calcium each day.